Build your datawarehouse solution in minutes
SEPIDATA Developer studio is integrated in Microsoft Visual Studio, a familiar development environment for data warehouse developers on the Microsoft platform. It combines the power of Microsoft professional development tools in Visual Studio with proven data warehouse building blocks coming from our experiences with large and different DWH implementations
In control of source code
Does source control fail with your current datawarehouse vendor? Our projects work with the source control capabilities of Visual Studio based on Git, TFS or Azure DevOps. You are free to choose your branching and merging approach.
We provide development wizards that automate a lot of common tasks like adding a new source system or handle changes in the source and apply them towards the staging area or creating a release package.
Several data warehouse methodologies, patterns and best practices are built into the SEPIDATA datawarehouse solution compiler. The architect or lead developer can review methodology and best practice warnings during code reviews
Develop and run the complete DWH solution on your local developer machine. Build it, test it, run it, deploy it, all on your own without dependencies and interferences with other developers. This way you can validate your designs and data fast!
Relate work to backlog
Relate code changes to your product backlog stories or tasks and create a relation between why and how a specific user story is implemented in the code. Add check-in notes and policies to your project for mandatory documentation of changes.
We use JSON to code the data warehouse solution because JSON is easy for humans to read and modify, it is easy for SEPIDATA to parse and it works well with source control . Large pieces of the JSON code are generated for you via wizards.
Introducing Visual Studio and our developer extension
The power of Visual Studio
The SEPIDATA developer studio contains project types, item templates, msbuild integration and developer tools to build a datawarehouse solution for the SEPIDATA datawarehouse automation platform. It also includes an integrated runtime engine for rapid iterative development and testing cycles within the Visual Studio environment. Equipped with all the great features of Visual Studio developing and deploying your data warehouse was never so easy and fast.
- Support for Visual Studio 2017.
- Support for SQL Server 2016 and higher.
- Define your datawarehouse objects and structures in JSON.
- Build you application and get warning and validation errors as if you are coding a .NET application.
- Deploy your solution and run and test it directly after you make changes.
- The visual studio embedded intellisense helps you in picking the correct options for settings on specific DWH objects.
- Build your DWH solutions by creating projects that reference each-other like normal application development.
- Get errors and warnings when you build your DWH solution in Visual Studio.
- The JSON file is validated: does it contain all options and properties for the given object and is it consistent with the rest of the model(s).
- We embedded the rules of the DWH methodologies in our custom build compiler so when you build the solution we protect you from common pitfalls